Benjie
Benjie, Printer
Experience:  Computer and IT Support Engineer
102836769

I have an MX925 which showed a b200 error. I've removed the

Hi, I have an MX925 which showed a b200 error. I've removed the right side panel and was able to access the printhead which has been thoroughly cleaned and replaced. I found a small white plastic(T1-2) and I can't identify where it goes. Can you help?
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: I've not restarted it yet, I'm just reassembling it.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I deleted all my drivers and the printer yesterday, and will be replacing them when I get switched on.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it, I think.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I'm Benjie and I can help you today.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

Please share them with me so we don't repeat them

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
After the b200 error message I lost power so I opened up the rightside panel to manually move the ink carriage. I removed the printhead and washed it out, and replaced it. A small white plastic part,T1-2 fell out and I dont know where it goes.

Can you please turn off the printer remove the power to the printer unplug it from the power socket.

Then wait 10 minutes,

connect the power again to the printer,

turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've plugged in but no power

Try again to use another outlet

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've tried that and no response and I've tried a different power cord

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can you tell me what has failed?

How old is your pirinter?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i don't know exactly, ibought it from a friend. the serial no is ADJX76418

it is at/past its 3-year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead This printhead currently sells for around $70 USD.;

if the logic board is bad currently sells for around $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model,

with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK, THANKS.

You're most welcome, be safe