Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer. Am getting an error message

Customer Question

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer. Am getting an error message C4EBA230 I can't turn the printer off.
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Not known
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 16 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your printer. I would suggest this sounds more like a firmware glitch and to overcome something like this a power cycle can go a long way, I would recommend you attempt the steps below and let me know the outcome;

1. Power the printer off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it.
  3. Power the printer on. (Press the power button)
  4. Lastly, try to print again and let me know the outcome.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can't power down. Have disconnected power cable for 5 mins and reconnected. Same flashing error message.

Can you do the same again, however, this time, remove the ink and then reinsert it when the printer powers back on.