Sheri
Sheri, Printer Technician/Expert
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have a new router but cannot connect printer to the new

I have a new router but cannot connect printer to the new network I have a HP deskjet 3050 J611 and although I follow instructions it will not connect. I guess I must be missing a simple trick!
JA: How are you connecting to your DeskJet: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never done it
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your HP Deskjet 3050 J611 printer and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Hi.  Does the setup see the printer at all?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No

Ok, thanks.  From a computer, please click on the below link. Once on the HP website, make sure to select your correct operating system at the top of the page. Click to expand the Driver-Product Installation section and download the HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer series - J611 Full Feature Software and Driver. Once downloaded, unplug or turn off the printer. Run the downloaded file and follow the prompts and turn on or plug in the printer when prompted. Once done, test print and scan.

Link:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3050a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-j611/4311836

Note: you may need a USB cable during the setup

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All OK thanks

That is good news.  I am glad it's working. You are very welcome.  It is my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri