Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Hp6030e printer will not print. i press Ctrl P and then

Customer Question

hp6030e printer will not print. i press Ctrl P and then print. Message comes on screen
JA: How are you connecting to your HP6030E: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: printer is new
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i press Ctrl P and then print but all i get is a message asking me to save
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 15 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

I have investigated the information you have provided and it sounds like you have a query relating to your printer. I would suggest this sounds more like a firmware glitch and to overcome something like this a power cycle can go a long way, I would recommend you attempt the steps below and let me know the outcome;

1. Power the printer off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable for 2 - 3 minutes and then proceed to reconnect it.
  3. Power the printer on. (Press the power button)
  4. Lastly, try to print again and let me know the outcome.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew