Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have WF-7710 Printer Scanner. When scanning I used to be

I have WF-7710 Printer Scanner. When scanning I used to be able to scan to my computer by naming the computer (David in my case) but now it appears to have some presets which says it will use USB connection. How do I get back to naming the computer?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson Workforce WF-7710
JA: How long has this been going on with your WorkForce?
Customer: Only today
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Probably 6 months
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, my name isCustomer and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok

I understand that you are experiencing issues with scanning to your computer. I can definitely help with that. Before we dive in, can you give me a little more context on the situation? These questions will help me find a more personalized solution to your problem.

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using a USB cable?

Have you recently changed any wireless settings or the router itself?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Windows 10,WiFi,Not that I am aware of.

Please try the following and let me know the response you get from the printer/scanner.

Step 1: Reset your wireless network settings. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CG36201~faq-00007fc-wf7710_7720?faq_cat=faq-8796127602764

Step 2: Please set up wireless again on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CG36201~faq-00007f3-wf7710_7720?faq_cat=faq-8796127635532

If needed, download and install the latest driver (Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer) for your printer from the link below.

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-7710/s/SPT_C11CG36201#drivers

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. Please use the reply box and let me know. I’m happy to help.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have to go out now but will do the items you suggest and I will get back to you in the morning.
David

Please take your time and be back when you have tried the instructions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I completed Step 1 OK. In Step 2 I got a “Pass” result for the network connection but it went on to state that the privacy separator function in the router may need to be reset. Do I do this via BT who supplied the router.

After setting up wireless on the printer. the message, have you got a message that says Connected on the printer display?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am away in North Wales until next Saturday so I will contact you again once I am home. Regards. David

Please take your time and be back when you are free.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK and thanks for your patience. David

You are most welcome!