Sheri
Sheri, Printer Technician/Expert
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

I have recently bought a canon MG3650S.a paper jam occured.I

Customer Question

Hi I have recently bought a canon MG3650S.a paper jam occured.I was able to acess from the rear roller and got the paper out.However the printer will not now print,the orange lightning lamp s showing and a warning saying support code 5100 comes up.Can you advise
JA: Is your MG3650S.A displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: i have not done that as i only bought the printer 2 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

My name is Sheri.  Thank you for using JustAnswer.   I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your Canon MG3650S printer and I will do my best to resolve it for you as quickly as possible.

Please allow me a moment to review the information you have provided so far.   Also, feel free to reply with any additional details you feel are necessary.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

Hi.  Is the orange light flashing?  If so, how many flashes in a row?

Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

Without the information I requested, I am only able to provide you with a general answer, but I hope this helps.  First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris, packing tape or film, and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges. Then test

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please would you unsubscribe me from this service.I am not happy about giving you all the information
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that. You can click on the Contact Us button at the top or bottom of the page. You can also use this link: http://www.justanswer.com/help

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i find it very difficult to use this system so please could you advise on the one question i have asked.The orange light flashes between the on off button and the lighting oneI would prefer to chat but cannot pay £21 for you to do that
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

That support code and error light sequence is a general error.  You can click the link below to see the error codes and lights chart:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3600%20series/EN/ERR/err_ug_message01_0100.html?ref=err_ug_message01_0100

Here are the steps I sent to try:

First, please open the lid and check for any jams or debris, packing tape or film, and remove all the cartridges. Then power the printer off by removing the power cord from the back of the printer, NOT by pressing the power button. Leave it off for 20 minutes. Then, plug it back in and power it on. Wait for it to stop initializing and moving the carriage. Once it stops and is quiet, install the ink cartridges. Then test

Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if that worked for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i am still waiting for the 20 mins off time
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

Ok, thanks.  Just reply after.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
i have now done what you said ,but still no good.Thanks for trying
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, this sounds like a physical issue that would require repair or replacement if under warranty.   You can use the link below to check on repair options:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/repair/

Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for all your help.Good bye
Expert:  Sheri replied 8 days ago.

You are very welcome.  It is my pleasure to assist you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you.  I appreciate your patience through this process.  My goal is to provide you with excellent service.  Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri