Joseph
Joseph, Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician
107060210

Sorry it’s a printer that i wanted to ask about, canon mg

Sorry it’s a printer that i wanted to ask about
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: canon mg 5750
JA: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?
Customer: just today, a piece came off while i asked my son to check the cartridges
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: no issues with software, just hardware
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the piece that came off is a white piece connected to the cartridge dock.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about, please send me another message. If I have all the details about the question, then I can give a more precise and accurate answer.

What happens when you try and print something?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Initially when i printed it said that something was jammed. When i saw the white piece, i tried to put it back and have not tried to print again. It looks like it’s supposed to hold the ribbon like thing connected to the cartdridge holder.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It prints fine but I’m hesitant to try again lest something else comes off

As long as it is operational you should be fine.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay thank you

Thank you for reaching out and letting me help with your question. I wish you luck with your solution. Have a good day and stay safe!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You too! Have a great day ahead!