How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Construction blocking garage

Customer Question

The people who bought the house next door are remodelling and their builders despite numerous requests continue to block the entire front of my house several times a day with their skip removal truck to the point that I can not exit or enter my garage or front door. Can I stop them parking there (double yellow lines on mews street in Kensington ) ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please find an answer
Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

If this genuinely does block your exit to the public highway then that is obstructing the highway and that is an offence for which the police can issue a fixed penalty fine.

Its not likely that the local Council would be interested unfortunately as its the police's remit but certainly they can take action if there is a genuine obstruction.

Hope this helps.