How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I wish to sell my property but I have had to speak to the police

Customer Question

I wish to sell my property but I have had to speak to the police about their unsociable behaviour ie noise from constant arguing and they seem to want to stay up till the early hours and then sleep most of the morning. They are without jobs and are on benefits. The police have paid them a visit and have read them the riot act and have told them that we shall be reporting any future bad behaviour. I want to know whether I have a legal obligation to inform any prospective buyer that my neighbours have been reported to the police, because if I do I will never be able to sell will I?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

I am sorry but you will have to disclose this complaint under your duties. Failing to do would sadly amount to a misrepresentation if not potentially fraud

I'm very sorry but there's no way around it. Case law is very clear on the point. Its one reason that people are slow to make reports about their neighbours

Sorry but thats your position.