How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2465
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

My flat has been rendered uninhabitable by a leak from the

Customer Question

My flat has been rendered uninhabitable by a leak from the property above. I have no lighting, no cooking or laundry and I fear that the electrical circuits that are functional may be dangerous. Water is still dripping in from above and my Kitchen ceiling has collapsed. My insuranace company says it is the fault of the leaseholder (Brentwood Council) and are reluctant to help. Brentwood Council are not cooperating with me or the insurance company, this is despite my initially advising Brentwood council of the problem on 5th November.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I cannot see what answer you have provided me with?

Expert:  James Mather replied 6 years ago.
I havent answered yet. What would you like to know?
How was the leak caused?