How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi. I would like to buy my brothers partner out of their mortgage

Customer Question

Hi. I would like to buy my brothers partner out of their mortgage as they have split. By putting my name on we would have to find another mortgage as current lender says i need to live in property under their rules. The only solution would be for his partner to get a contract drawn up to say she is giving up her 50% share to me when it comes to selling and i will pay mortgage payments etc with my brother. Is this a straighforward process?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes what you are talking about is a Declaration of Trust which woudl state that whilst the property remains in their joint names they are holding ot for the benefit of your brother and you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Claire. So it is all legal then. What do you advise i do to organise this?

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Any local high street conveyancing firm will be able to assist with this