How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

As a council tenant what can be done about a dirty neighbour

This answer was rated:

As a council tenant what can be done about a dirty neighbour whose home can be smelled outside
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

What does it smell of ? Is this cannabis?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No just incontiness and rubbish in garden has drinking and smoking problem often comes outside without clothes alsoc and covered with excrement at times and comes to the door calling cat at night shouting smell makes people heavewhenthey come to my door I live in a ground floor flat , people upstairs has complained of the smell, have reported to council asked if I can leave but evidently I am adequately housed, I have told coucilors Lines but nothing seems to be done about it. It is becoming unbearable.

Its not something that would give rise to a need to rehouse you.

It would seem to be a nuisancing issue for Environmental Health. If there is an odour nuisance then thats a matter for EH to inspect and issue against him if necessary.

There are environmental offences that are apparent immediately from what you have said.

Also, the anti social behaviour team at the council might well be willing to act against him on this basis.

Obviously you are free to leave but you would have to pay private rents elsewhere if they will not rehouse you.

Sorry thats probably not the answer you wanted but it is the position that you have and I have a duty to give you truthful and accurate information even though its not what I want to say.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer OK SERVICE or above and I can answer your related questions.
Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How can eh help, I was satisfied with the answer and I thank you but as I am not at work but having sick notes in cannot afford to tip you the 33£ was paid by a friend thro their I pad Thanks again kevin
No, don't worry, there's no need to pay any more.

All the best.