How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2457
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Hi there, several years a go, we let a property to a guy who

Customer Question

Hi there, several years a go, we let a property to a guy who sub-lets, we recently asked for the property back and issued him a section 21, as for as we were concerned he was outr tenant, he is now stating that he's got squatters in the property, we know that these are actually his tenants. He is now stating that he is not out tenant but our agent which we never agreed to. The problem is, we did not have any paper work from was a verbal agreement. We are not sure either whether his tenants who he is is stating are squatters have any tenancy agreement. what do you suggest for us to get our property back?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
Thank your for your question. I will try to help with this.

Is the contract an AST?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry what do you mean an AST?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972 sorry what do you mean by an AST?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

we do not have a contract with our tenant it was a verbal contract..there might possibly be an assured shorthold tenancy with his tenants

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

An assured shorthold tenancy agreement for whom our tenant? no this was a verbal agreement, we are not sure whether his tenant has got an agreement..if they have it would be an Assured Shorthold Agreement