How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34896
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Following up on my question yesterday on the Tenancy Agreement,

Customer Question

Following up on my question yesterday on the Tenancy Agreement, I have now secured a copy of it. It is dated 1st August 2006 and was for a term of 6 months from that date with provision for it to continue month by month since rent is paid on a monthly basis. I also have the Section21 Notice requiring possession after 2nd February 2007 i.e. after six months. Do I still need to give my daughterinlaw one months' notice as joint tenants of this Agreement?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Your daughter will need to give BOTH her tenants Notice and that notice will have to be served before 1st April and will need to end on 1st May
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, what format should the notice take. Is there a particular form I need to complete or do I just write a letter stating that you are hereby given notice to vacate the above property on lst May 2013?

Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
The format is here
And my apologies - it should end on 1st June