How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

Letters of Complaint to Durham County Council. Large stones

Customer Question

Letters of Complaint to Durham County Council. Large stones placed by a resident along the verge between the adopted highway and the adopted green. Due to my wife falling over the stones in question on 2nd April 2009. A personal injury claim was successful by out of court settlement on 19th March 2013.(Residents Insurance NFU). A letter of complaint was sent by me to DCC on 6th April 2009 requesting that the stones are removed from their land due to the danger that existed. No reply was received. A further letter was sent by me to their Legal Dept. on 25th March 2013 without any reply. A further letter was sent by me to their Complaints Dept. on 15th April 2013 enclosing all previous correspondence. Again without any reply whatsoever. Could I now refer this matter to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) Due to the Councils Complaint Procedure being Ignored completely. Thanking you James Chaytor
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. I suggest you contact your local councillor and make him / her take this up with the council's legal officer. As a politician, he / she will be more inclined to ensure action is taken and your complaint is responded to. If you don't want to do this then I do think that it seems you have tried reasonably to go through the Council's own complaints procedure, to no avail, so you should now be entitled to take your complaint to the LGO. Indeed, not only can you complain about the stones, you should also complaint about being ignored by the council.
wingrovebuyer : Hello. If you are happy with my answer,lease leave a rating or JA won't pay me for helping you. If you need to chat further, please just ask.