How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

We parked in a disused area of land for over 12 years and our

Customer Question

We parked in a disused area of land for over 12 years and our predecessors in title also for a further 10 years.Due to pressure from the parish council suffolk county council decided that this ground was highway even though it is covered in grass with a electricity post in the middle.Durning the dispute we were offered 4 spaces in the local car park directly opposite our building.We did not ask for this offer in writing but Suffolk County legal department did later confirm that an agreement did take place and that we were given 4 designated places.They now deny that any agreement exists even though we have a letter from them confirming same. My problem is that i do not have the verbal agreement in writing.I placed a unilateral notice on the land to protect my spaces and this is now disputed.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. The verbal agreement should be sufficient, although things are always better done in writing. Why is the council now denying the agreement?
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I've switched us to q and a as I think there's a fault with live chat.