How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 22629
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

crimes commited fraud arrears with rent and damege done to

Customer Question

crimes commited fraud arrears with rent and damege done to my house by a tenant his tenance was up 6 months ago can i get him out asap.thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today.

You cannot change locks without warrant for possession to evict them. You wont get warrant without order for possession.

Your 1st step is to apply to court for possession under s21. I would also send s8 notice now and if the s21 fails you can fall back on the s8 notice (for arrears). Once you have the order for posession you then apply tfor a further order to evict them if they still dont move out.

Does that answer the question?

I am happy to follow up any individual point you make.
I am online and off-line each day and most weekends so please bear with me if I do not come back to you within nanoseconds.