How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2457
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

my wife avd i are geting divorced the house was sold 2 months

Customer Question

my wife avd i are geting divorced the house was sold 2 months ago can the procedes of the house sale not be put in joint names instead of the convancing solicitors account?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise
you fully.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am living in north shields no one knows where my wife is living the house was soldin april the procedes are in the convencing solicitors bank i have been told untill we agree divison and no one can get intouch she hassacked her solicitor can the cash not be put in a joint name account where we could get some intrest?

Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

You are entitled to the interest from the solicitors client account but it is not very much.

It cant be moved anywhere without yr ex's consent.

How have you tried to find her?

Doesn't she want the money?