How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Hi there, after a recent split from my partner, it was decided

Customer Question

Hi there, after a recent split from my partner, it was decided between us that I would continue to live in our flat with my son and will take over the mortgage on my own, when I had a meeting with my mortgage lender to have my ex partners name removed from the mortgage, I was told that there was two loans secured against the property, these loans have been secured by the county court, when my ex partner defaulted on her agreements .My lender was unable to tell me how much the loans are for but did have the details of the court dates. What I would like to know is, where does this leave me in the eyes of the law, is it even legal for these loans to be secured against my property with out my permission and if I put the mortgage in my name, can the loans be removed as well, hope to hear from you soon, many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old is your son and were you married to your partner?