How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have applied to buy my council property after living here

Customer Question

I have applied to buy my council property after living here for 24 years. I have been divorced for 21 yrs but my ex husbands name is XXXXX XXXXX the tenancy agreement.I have been told if his name is XXXXX XXXXX tenancy will be terminated. As I live in a house and have no dependants, my child is now an adult,I could be asked to leave as the council need the premises to house others. Is there a process where i can stop this from happening? thankyou Worried
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?