How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We have a top floor flat in a block of 6 units, and have an

Customer Question

We have a top floor flat in a block of 6 units, and have an ongoing roof leak for the last 3 years. The property was built in Arpil 2008. NHBC state that repairs will cost £6000, but under NHBC "common parts" clause the thresh-hold to pay for repairs is £10,000. This means effectively that the insurance cover is worthless except in the most serious faults such as subsidence etc. I think that this is an unfair trading practice. I would be grateful for any advice you can give and how I can proceed against NHBC without recourse to legal proceedings.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Have you raised any formal complaints yet?