How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7664
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Is it possible for me to find out which firm of solicitors

Customer Question

Is it possible for me to find out which firm of solicitors acted in a property purchase?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid that unless you were the buyer or the seller of the property then it’s going to be very difficult.

The Land Registry does not record the details of the solicitors who acted in the transaction on the title register for the property, which members of the public can access.

When submitting an application to have the register for the title change the form does contain details of both the solicitors acting for the buyer and the seller, but this is simply for administrative purposes. It is not published.

They may have records but they would certainly not reveal details of which firm acted to someone completely unconnected with the transaction.

If the seller or the buyer in the transaction are not minded to release this information to you then it’s probably going to be impossible for you to find out unfortunately.

I am sorry.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,