How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello I need a simple document produced which I can sign to

Customer Question

I need a simple document produced which I can sign to say that I will leave my partner's house one year after his death. (He is 81 and I am 67). His children think I am a gold digger and have been circulating rumours to this effect. There is a lot of bad feeling about, including my feeling very hurt and insulted. Who can produce such a document for me, so that they can rest easy in their beds?!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Law Denning :

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Law Denning :

Do you have a specific question?

JACUSTOMER-493n6aft- :

I have sent you my question and you have not answered it.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for you question
My name is Clare and I shall do my best to help you
What you need is a simple CoHabitation Agreement that sets out the financial arrangements between you - including what will happen in the event of the death of one of you
There is one here that can be adapted
You do need to be aware that once you have lived together for more than two years then the survivor does have a potential claim on the estate of the other partner.
The Agreement would not necessarily prevent such a claim - but it certainly shows what is intended
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details