How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Scotland My neighbour has announced building works on a

Customer Question


My neighbour has announced building works on a mews cottage will 'spill over' into the gardens of two adjacent properties (not physically connected to his). I own both of these properties. Do I have to allow 1) access via my land, and 2) scaffolding on my land? I am cross that he just expects this to go ahead without even asking permission.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
You have no obligation to allow access unless your title deeds grant him a right of access. Check your title deeds. Maintenance and repair may be allowed but you have to check the deeds.

Happy to discuss further.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.