How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have just discovered that my tenant in the UK has a Manchester

Customer Question

I have just discovered that my tenant in the UK has a Manchester High Court Judgment against him for GBP 208,000, dated 3 August 2013 Ref 3MA30086. He is several months in arrears on his rent and I would like to find out what the judgement is for. Where can this information be found?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How did you find out about this?

Have you checked trust online?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the judgment summary (date, reference and amount from Trust Online but wish to know who sued my tenant and what for.

MR RICHARD AMONOO MANCHESTER 3MA30086 03/08/13 £218,987 Unsatisfied Judgment

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.

The judgment will be in favour of a person so that will be the party who sued. I imagine here its Richard Amonoo.

There is no way of finding out the reason for the claim though. Judgments just refer to the parties, the court and whether or not its paid. There's no way of finding out the facts of the case unless, I suppose, you were to track down the claimant and he were willing to tell you.

I suspect I can't tel you anything you don't already know really. The only information available in the public domain is that which is on trust online I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I think you are misreading the information that I provided. Mr Amonoo is my tenant. I searched for judgments against him and came up with this result. I am looking for the name of the other party who was awarded the judgment against him.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
that should be recorded on the Judgment.

That is a matter of public record and it should be on trust online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Trust Online only provides the following data that I have paid for and obtained.

The information on the Register includes:

  • The name and address of the debtor,

  • The date and amount of judgment,

  • The name of the High Court Division or district registry,

  • The claim number

  • Satisfaction details once Registry Trust Ltd (RTL), which keeps the register has been notified by the court.


I was hoping that there is a site or other resource that can give the details of the case. Is it possible that this was only passed to the High Court for enforcement, the case originally being heard in a lower court? However, the search of County Court judgements in Trust Online against Mr Amonoo gave a nil return.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 5 years ago.
The only other possible option is to contact the court in question and ask for the name of the claimant.

All the judgments I've seen are in favour of somebody though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am seeking clarity from Trust Online before rating your response.


Expert:  Ash replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see the expert has opted out. Can I ask what is your remaining question and I will try to assist?