How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I live in an upper floor maisonette on leasehold, as part of

Customer Question

I live in an upper floor maisonette on leasehold, as part of the leasehold agreement the council are still responsible for the structure, do the joists and floorboards fall within the structure? Our floor boards squeak a lot and this is causing trouble between us and our downstairs neighbour due to the noise, they currently rent their property from the council. Who would be responsible for replacing the boards if that was the solution?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.



ow does the lease define the "property"?


Are the floor boards included within the definition?


Kind regards


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dont currently have a copy of the lease to hand so am unable to answer that

Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Hi Craig,

Can you check and come back to me when you have it?


Your question will remain open. so when you post your reply once you have the lease then I will be notified and can then answer..