How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

we have bills for the house in both our names I have paid out

This answer was rated:

we have bills for the house in both our names I have paid out £500 for water and council tax but got nothing back from my sister yet. there is gas electric and insurance to pay yet but my sister doent want me to pay this is there any thing i can do or should i just pay it.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Whether she wants you or not is a non issue. You are entitled to be there. She will have to put up with it.

However, you are liable I'm afraid to pay for utilities if they are in both of your names.

You can let her pay if you choose. That doesn't make any difference to your right to be there.
Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’