How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have recenetly rented my apartment through a letting Agent

Customer Question

I have recenetly rented my apartment through a letting Agent and I have occupied the apartment for 2 months albeit had access for 4 months. The outside drains need attention and the toilet facilities will be not function during this period.What are my rights will I have to pay for any work carried out. The house is old and another 2 tennants in the building. Will any of the costs be my responsibility. What are my rights?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Are you the tenant or landlord please?
JACUSTOMER-p9gq6bxr- :

I am a repair the broken pipe will mean taking out toilet taking off tiles and stripping wall to brickwork and underground work to garden.

Alex Watts : Ok. Have you asked the landord to repair this yet please?
Expert:  Ash replied 4 years ago.
I am told you can not see my questions.

I asked: Ok. Have you asked the landlord to repair this yet please?