How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have a property in my name. my ex husband has registered

Customer Question

I have a property in my name. my ex husband has registered interest on the property but has not lived here for five years. He lived here for seven and then moved out five years ago. I have been paying the mortgagee since. I now want to sell. Will I have to pay him or get his signature to move.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was the Decree Absolute granted?
What financial agreement was made at the time of the divorce?