How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

Hi. I have a mortgage 7 years ago with 2 friends. I no longer

Customer Question

Hi. I have a mortgage 7 years ago with 2 friends. I no longer live at the address and do not speak to the 2 people. What can I do to get off the mortgage etc
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  wingrovebuyer replied 4 years ago.

wingrovebuyer : Hello, I'm afraid it's not good news - there are no other options. You signed up to the mortgage jointly and so you can only vary it jointly. Even though you don't speak with them, could you write to the others and ask them to agree to this?
JACUSTOMER-lxrv6trx- : And what if they don't?
wingrovebuyer : Sorry - you have rated Bad Service for some reason so I can't continue unles this is altered.