How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of advising on property issues.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

hi, I live in London. I have a paying guest contracted as short

This answer was rated:

hi, I live in London. I have a paying guest contracted as short term minimum stay and 1 month notice of leaving. she didn't pay my deposit and now she wants to move out without that 1 month moving out notice. I have a lodger contract with her and tried to have a conversation but now she's refusing to pay and follow the contract. how can I get my rent.
Hello, thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

Can you tell me whether you normally live in the same premises?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my land lord is a leaseholder and i'm the tenant, there was a spare room (single) which he had for his kid but me and my wife got no kid so we thought to rent that room. Yes we are living in the same premises..


Okay. You're going to have to use her in the county. Court to recover the money due to you.

You can do this very easily, by doing it online at

They will draw up the papers and issue the claim for you. All you do is go through some basic online steps.

tdlawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you