How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

my mother has a deed of trust on her property for her 3 children,

This answer was rated:

my mother has a deed of trust on her property for her 3 children, can I one of the children change my share to my daughters name

wingrovebuyer : Hello. You can't change the terms of the deed, but your mother coulda, so perhaps you can ask her to amend trust deed to replace you with your daughter. Alternatively, you can enter another deed which passes on your share under the trust deed to your daughter. You would need a solicitor to draw either document up for you, but it shouldn't be too expensive. Best, WB
wingrovebuyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you