How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71159
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

we are building a new extention 2m away from nextdoors wall

Customer Question

we are building a new extention 2m away from nextdoors wall and 100cm away from boundery his footings are1200 deep mine will be 800 deep do I need party wall
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Have you notified your neighbour of your intention please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we have

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.

I seem to be having connection issues at the moment. Please bear with me and I will give you an answer as soon as possible.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Sorry for the delay. I've had lots of problems with the internet today!

If you have a look here

then it will explain whether you need a party wall act notice or an agreement.

In particular notice diagram 6 on page 19 and diagram 7 on page 20 and if the work and the neighbour's work falls within those parameters, you will each need to serve party Wall act notices. The notes to those diagrams are in section 27 on page 18

It depends how deep the neighbours footings are and how deep yours are.

You are within 3 m and therefore if your footings will go deeper than his existing footings, you need to give notice and vice versa with regard to his work.

Can I clarify anything for you?