How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wingrovebuyer Your Own Question
wingrovebuyer, Senior Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 737
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (Honours); PG Diploma in Law; Member of ALA; 9 years' experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
wingrovebuyer is online now

Our drive way is over 100 feet long, a flint and brick wall

This answer was rated:

Our drive way is over 100 feet long, a flint and brick wall which is over 60/70 years old. with the recent weather over 20 feet of it has collapsed, since discussing this with our neighbour, we have discovered that the wall is the responsibility of them.
Do we have any say in a wall being replaced, or can they just erect any kind and type of fence not in keeping whats there..?
They are due to move house in the month coming, what rights do we have or can we say to have this done before they go..? Can they just leave without doing anything to the wall..?
Please can you help and advise.

wingrovebuyer : Hello. If it is their wall and on their land, the. M afraid there's nothing you can do unless the properties were once part of the same development and there is a covenant requiring the neighbour to keep the wall in good repair and as a flint and brick wall. You'd need to check the deeds to see if such a condition applies. If there is no obligation on them, you can't force them to repair the wall or put it back as was. If there is debris on your land, however, you can require them to remove it.
wingrovebuyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you