How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Hello...When my partners house became empty due to the previous

Customer Question

When my partners house became empty due to the previous owner going into a home.The next door neighbours took it upon themselves to build a kind of wooden joining room between their property and my partners future dwelling with a wooden partition between as a seperation wall.
In effect making two rooms - one on their side and one on my partners side of the divide.
Now over the years the `room` on my partners side is in a sorry state and really needs to come down but is connected to the other peoples property,although it was never asked for.
She is now being hassled by the next door neighbour into repairing her `room` as she is being told by that any damage to their `room`,e.g damp etc,she is liable for.
Could you tell me if this is correct please?...

My partners house is semi-detached but not officially joined to the `handy man` neighbours house..This is done by the home made `rooms`...

Just wondered if you could shed any light on this for us...
Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Is the wooden joining structure joined to your partners property without consent?

Kind regards