How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12082
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have now checked and the council concerned did not provide

Customer Question

I have now checked and the council concerned did not provide an EIA for the application, how do I report this? Can the council be prosecuted?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
You would have to check precisely why one was not obtained. The remedy rather than prosecution would be that of a judicial Review of the decision. That would cost a substantial amount in legal fees but if you can find out from the planners why there is no such report that would help me to answer you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have asked the planners why the EIA was not carried out for the planning application, I will get back to you when I have a reply, but I don't expect it to be very quickly

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you