How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat. the

Customer Question

I am a Freeholder and the tenant is selling the flat.
the prospective buyer's solicitor is asking

"Has the property ever suffered from subsidence? If so, please provide details."

I do not believe the building suffer subsidence at all. However there may be a tiny incling that there might have been some slight one.

If I answer no but then it is evidenced that there might have been a slight one. am I liable?
Can a survey retroback the date of a small subsidence?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

You are no obligation to respond to this.

I would right back and say either "Please obtain your own survey" or "Not as far as I am aware, but please obtain your own survey".

You do not need to stick your neck on the line for some one else transaction>

Kind regards