How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Further to your reply, I sent a letter

This answer was rated:

Further to your reply, I sent a letter to my neighbor by registered post on last friday which must have been delivered yesterday. In this letter i gave him the ultimatum that he should remove the tree from our garden within 14 days from the date of this letter, otherwise I will call the tree surgeon who will cut it and dump it in to you garden and you will be responsible for the cost involved in doing so. Now I want to know if he still does not remove this tree from our garden by the end of 14 days, what legal action I can take to resolve this matter. Your urgent response will be much appreciated. Please ensure that once the free trial period of one week ends on 19/2, you do not renew it without my permission and do not take any money against my credit card. Pl confirm. Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.


If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.


The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.


If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.


Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


No, thanks.

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you