How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If I have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement between a

This answer was rated:

If I have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement between a Landlord and the tenant who is a company and the company want to stop paying the rent and get their workmen who are occupying the house to pay the rent direct, do we need to serve notice on the company and get a new agreement between landlord and occupier or could we the lease continuing with an addendum stating the change of payment?

The company is a separate legal entity from its workmen. The tenant is currently the company, not the workmen.

If the workmen are to become the new tenants (as they will be paying the rent), then the current AST agreement should be terminated by mutual consent between landlord and company and a new one issued to the workmen in their personal names.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you