How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Certificate of land ownership for a planning application. Would

This answer was rated:

Certificate of land ownership for a planning application. Would the applicant need to show other landownership if the borehole water supply and electricity was sourced from that land

Who made the planning application and what was it for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Forest Holidays made the application for the redevelopment of an existing campsite into a luxury wooden cabin site for 65 cabins, hot tubs etc it is Forestry Commission land and FC are also the partners of Forest Holidays The water and electricity supply is sourced from a privately owned Farm House adjacent to the proposed site. The house was sold by the FC. The development was approved 04/11/2013 and is subject to discharge of conditions imposed also they have another application for amendments to the original approval. These are still outstanding and yet the developer has built regardless. More importantly the owner of the house was not informed of their proposals to redevelop the site hence my question please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Forest Holidays are the applicants and the application was to redevelop a campsite to 70 log cabins with hot tubs etc approved 04/11/2013 with still outstanding discharge of conditions and amendments to approval waiting for decision. The water and electricity supply is sourced from the adjacent Farm House. The owners of the house were not informed about this development or the subsequent application either by the Local Authority or the Developer hence my question

Thank you.

From the information you have provided, this would be classed as a major development and the legislation provides that the local authority should have advertised in a local newspaper and made a site notification or neighbour notification.

See here:

Also see here for more information on publicity requirements for planning applications:

The neighbours in this case should complain to the local authority about lack of publicity in connection with the application and development.

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you