How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi, Myself and my partner are looking to rent a property,

This answer was rated:


Myself and my partner are looking to rent a property, however my partner has recently been convicted of Fraud by Abuse of Position and was given a suspended sentence for two years from the Crown Court.

Can you advise as to how that may effect renting anywhere or if it will?


Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It should make no difference. Not many people ask if you have ever been convicted of an offence.
Alex Watts : If he is asked then it needs to be declared until it is spent.
Alex Watts : But generally for renting a property people do not ask about convictions.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Hi Alex, Thanks for the response. That's all thanks

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you