How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Hi I separated from my husband Dec 2012 and I had to move

Customer Question

I separated from my husband Dec 2012 and I had to move out of the family home with our two children And rent a property. The house is still in our joint names. The agreement was that he would remortgage the house and pay me £14000 as my share of the house. I had to borrow money to move and buy furniture for our new home as he refiused to let me take anything apart from a sofa. The remortgage has been denied and he now says if I want money I need to get a solicitor to sort it out.
I lived in the house for ten years and was working full time the whole time and therefore contributing to the house.
WHat can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
How much is the house worth an dhow much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children and do you wish to return to live in the house with them (and without your ex?