How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi there is some one living top of my pub who was working for

This answer was rated:

Hi there is some one living top of my pub who was working for me but due to loss off trade she lost her job,I don't have no contract with her for up stairs I have not charged her any bills or rent never,now it has been month still she is not emptying he property it is effecting my business because there isn't separate access to it,there isn't any rental agreement to, what legal rights she has even when she was working there wasn't any agreement for her to stay up stairs, now she is taking the Micky

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you want them to move please?

Customer: When will i get my answer
Alex Watts :

I asked: Do you want them to move please?

Customer: Yes
Customer: ASAP
Alex Watts :

Have you given notice yet please?

Customer: 10 weeks ago I have given her four weeks to find a place to move
Alex Watts :

OK - if you have done this then you can apply for possession.

Alex Watts :

You need to complete form N5

Customer: Hi how do I do this please
Alex Watts :

You will out the form.

Alex Watts :

You then submit it to Court

Alex Watts :

The Court will decide whether to grant possession

Customer: Do you know how long does it takes please
Alex Watts :

Around 4-6 weeks

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: Yes please
Alex Watts :


Customer: I fill the form and submit and than wait till I get a response is it
Alex Watts :

Well not quite, you fill it in, send it to the Court and the Court will list the matter for a hearing

Alex Watts :

You then attend.

Alex Watts :

A Judge will decide whether to grant possession

Customer: Ok thank you
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: Sorry last question even I'm the landlord I have access to up stairs she has hot no contracts no rights still do i have to go court sorry just wanted to clear it
Alex Watts :

Yes you do - because a Court order is required to evict a person living somewhere

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer: Thanks yes
Customer: Thanks
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.


Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Customer: Thanks I have got my answer many thanks
Alex Watts :


Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you