How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71030
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

Hello, I need advice. I have a contract for the lease HOUSING

This answer was rated:

I need advice.
I have a contract for the lease HOUSING ACT 1988.
It is half a year and ending April 5, 2014.
I want the landlord to terminate on 2 months notice?
Waiting at home from Wigan and they still resolves to give me a house. A not keep it to the end of my lease.
Wigan have told me that I have Landlor give notice of up to two months.
Rightly so, when I HOUSING ACT 1988?
Landlor wants me to move into an apartment unsatisfactory.
What are my options?
thank you
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

You have what is known as an Assured Short told Tenancy.

At the end of the term on 5 April 2014, you can move out by giving the landlord one month notice on or before the rent date.

The landlord can make you move out by giving you two months notice on or before the rent date although if you don't go then he will need to seek a possession order at court.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you