How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

how can I get the deeds to my home I own it with my husband

This answer was rated:

how can I get the deeds to my home I own it with my husband and we have separated but he has taken all the legal papers with him and will not give me copies, also we have feed in tariff from the solo panels and at the moment it is all going into his account although I am paying the electric bills, can I ask them to stop paying money to him until this dispute is sorted out
Thank you for your question
My name is Clare
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Is the house in joint names?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes the house is in both names

You do not need to worry too much.
It is likely that the Title is in fact Registered and you can get further Office Copies from the Land Registry
In any event he cannot do anything with them without your agreement or a Court Order
So far as the Solar aEnergy issue s is concerned you should write to the company and ask them to freeze payments - but in any event you can have the monies he receives taken into account in any eventual settlement
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you