How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

If a tenant incorrectly paid a months rent at the conclusion

Resolved Question:

If a tenant incorrectly paid a months rent at the conclusion of a tenancy agreement because they forgot to cancel a standing order would it be acceptable to take the landlord / agent to a small claims court using the 'money claim online' service if the landlord / agent refused or failed to refund the rent?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 4 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

hello, I am a lawyer with over 15 years experience. Yes it would be.

LondonlawyerJ :

I would think that the only defence would be if they claimed it was kept to cover some damage or something.

LondonlawyerJ and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you