How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was charge with obtaining a council property by deception

Customer Question

I was charge with obtaining a council property by deception in 12/2011 with 18 months suspended sentence, 3month curfew and 9months probation and in 7/13 the council send me a letter of eviction. i have 4 children all under the age of 10. we have leave in this property almost 10 years
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What would you like to know about this and are you represented?
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : what i want to know is will the council get eviction orders from the court i have a secure teranacy
Alex Watts : You accept you were comvicted.
Alex Watts : Did you plead guilty?
Alex Watts : Was the fraud for obtaining this property please?
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : yes
Alex Watts : Ok. It is highly likely the court will grant a possession order.
Alex Watts : This is because even though you have a secure tenancy you have been convicted of fraud.
Alex Watts : You need to be aware and realistic the court will give possession.
Alex Watts : This means you have to find another home and you should do this now.
Alex Watts : You have a conviction of fraud in relation to this property.
Alex Watts : A court is more than likely to order possession.
Alex Watts : Of course you can find another home in the private sector and apply for housing benefit if you are entitled to it
Alex Watts : But you need to be realistic.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have an honest to be truthful.
Alex Watts : But you have a head start, I would start looking now.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : i do the council is not helping me with rent deposit and i and i am not working as well
Alex Watts : They won't because you have been convixted,
Alex Watts : You need to take steps now.
Alex Watts : You have been convicted of fraud so the council do not have to help
Alex Watts : You have time now to make plans and prepare so you should do this.
Alex Watts : I am sorry it's not better news but I have to be honest.
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : but with 4 childern i do not know where to go for help
Alex Watts : You have to look at the private sector or another council in a different area.
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : yes the privte sector is there any where i go for help with rent deposit
Alex Watts : You can try charities.
Alex Watts : But I am not allowed to recommend.
Alex Watts : I would though suggest you see the Citizens Advixe.
Alex Watts : Advice.
JACUSTOMER-oyujoa3y- : thanks
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?