How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

We have a commercial tenant who has overstayed his lease term

This answer was rated:

We have a commercial tenant who has overstayed his lease term which expired on 12/4/2014 having had an agreement not to renew and both parties agreed that the provisions of section 24 to 28 of that Act (inclusive) shall be excluded in relation to the tenancy created in the lease.
the appropriate requirements in schedule 2 of the order reffered to in clause 8.2 have been met in that the tenant has made the appropriate declaration which is attached to the lease.
The tenant also is in arrears for 1month . and has been served a dilapidation schedule amounting to £67000 for removal of shop fronts removal of heating systems the collapse of false ceilings etc
Can i issue Balliffs ,if not to recover outstanding amounts, but to at least recover and take possession of my building . since the lease is now finished?

Yes, you may instruct bailiffs to recover possession of the premises now that the lease has expired and there is rent arrears, e.g. See here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can the tenant take any action through the courts to prolong his stay?
I do not see on what basis a court will entertain him.