How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 26070
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

i live in building in flat lease hold and 75% offices the

Customer Question

i live in building in flat lease hold and 75% offices the landlord started to convert the office
to flat
now the land lord want to part of entrance hall the common part to make extension to one of the flats
for last over 20 years we had the entrance of hall entrance with consider common part
i check my least no mention about the entrance
i have objected to part of the entrance which passageway for enter the building and my flat
my leases do not mention anything about the common part if the landlord have right to take part of entrance
there act
the tenants had to exercise the right of hale way or passageway of whole entrance as for 20 the period required under the 1832 prescription act
please me your view regarding this matter
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

May I ask that I am correct to assume from what you say that the section of hallway passage in question is confirmed as being common parts on your lease plan please?