How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

How do you find out if a property is within The Housing Defects

This answer was rated:

How do you find out if a property is within The Housing Defects Property Act and if this has been updated? My property purchase is being held up because the surveyor mentioned this in his initial survey and the building society now need this before they will advance the money (£60K on £175K purchase price). Could you please help.

The National Home Building Council (NHBC) retains a list of firms that undertake work to the PRC scheme standard which deals with pre-reinforced concrete properties such as the one you are looking to purchase.


Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you